Today's moment was inspired by motivation first thing this morning. Throughout the day, this theme seemed to follow me. And so, I'll share a few moments that came to me today based on motivation.
First thing this morning I pulled on my NEW size 4 jeans. Yup. That's right. Size 4. Now, for some that may seem insignificant. For me, it is kind of amazing considering 2.5 years ago I was busting out of size 12 jeans. It was January 2011 that I decided that I wasn't care of my health and that something had to be done about it. I was about 40lbs overweight, puffing after climbing two flights of stairs and incredibly unhappy. I spent the next 3-4 months working very (very) hard to get myself back into shape. I wasn't focused on shedding the weight, for me it was more about getting back into shape and being active. It was about eating more healthy and less processed foods. Both brought me to this point. Now 2.5 years later I am training for Tough Mudder and I couldn't be more motivated for building my strength and maintaining my health. Slipping into a size 4 jean this morning = great motivation to keep up the good (hard) work.
Later on today, I found myself cheering on Heini. After a challenging week of work, she found herself feeling isolated and challenged to find the positive around her. After a brief back and forth, she was feeling better, inspired and ready to tackle the last day of the week. I love helping to pick-up my peeps and make them feel a little better. When I hear that I've made a difference, it gives me ever more motivation to keep sharing my light and love.
Finally, my boyfriend had some challenging news come his way today too. Instead of processing things in the same typical way, he decided to try a new approach, one inspired by our new relationship. As he shared this with me, I was a overwhelmed by the feeling of purpose and of connection. Incredible. Knowing that he soared through the news with a warmth in his heart, filled my own heart. I find myself motivated to give more and share all that I can. Isn't that really what life is about? Sharing with those you love?
Today life is better having this sense of motivation floating around me. It brings a sense of purpose. A sense of direction. By investing time in yourself, and investing time in those you love, it all comes round again in the end. Definitely worth the energy.
Moments celebrating milestones.
Moments sharing your light to help motivate others.
No comments:
Post a Comment