Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Moments D484: Convertible of Singing Kids

This morning as I put out my recycling and compost, I spied a very fun moment that made me smile and followed me through the day.  It reminds me that while we live in a world where the humdrum of life can pull us down, we have a choice to inject love and light into moments when and where we can.

As I was dropping off my refuse curbside, a convertible with a Dad and two very cute blond girls in the back seat slowed on the street to say hi to a contractor getting out of his truck.  Both of the girls were singing at the top of their lungs to tunes that Dad had blaring.  Huge smiles were upon the three arriving faces and the contractor quickly joined the ranks with a huge smile of his own.

Dad turned down the tunes as he said hello to the contractor.  The girls quickly followed suit in very bright, eager voices.  (If I had to guess, the contractor was their Uncle.)  They all had a couple of laughs and then Dad looked back at the girls and said that it was time to go because "...who's got to make money today?" And the girls chimed back, "...YOU do Daddy.  Time for work."  They all waved at that contractor and in a blink the tunes were blaring again and the girls were loudly singing along as the convertible drove off.

The scene brought a smile to me too.

And as I walked past the contractor I said to him, "...there is a happy bunch."  His reply, "Yes.  I love those kids.  Lots of fun."  And then we exchanged good day pleasantries and we went about our day.

Moments with strangers.

Moments realizing that we're not such strangers after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment