Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Moments D470: Slipping Happy Secrets

Once in awhile there is a piece of your life that brings you such joy and happiness that you want to hold it close and not share it with too many people for one reason or another.  I very much fall into this behaviour from time to time.   This particular secret has brought me immeasurable joy, light and love into my world. I've been holding it close to me for fear that sharing the secret may jinx it.  As time passes the secret has become ever deeper a part of my life and sharing it seems a lot less scary.

And so, the secret has been slipping out slowly, bit by bit.

In my blogs from the past week, I've casually mentioned that I've fallen in love.  I know, I KNOW, that's actually a HUGE piece of information to share and I kinda just slipped it in there.  But I'm not ready to gush knowing that if I gush may never stop!  I can't do that to you dear readers!   I highlight this secret only to be able to share with you how today's moment found to me.

Today's moment came to me from a highly respected and loved co-worker.  He dropped by as he made his afternoon tea.  I know he reads my blog, and I figured he would pick up on my casual mention of love.  Sure enough, he asked me about it. There was no preamble.  He didn't even mention my blog.  With a big smile and a devious twinkle in his eye, he said,
"So, do I know him?"  Long pause.  "I'll bet I know him.  Don't I?"
All I could do was sit there and beam.  Caught.  I couldn't try to put my happy secret away even if I wanted to. My response was just as simple, with a (surely) stupid grin on my face,
"Yes, yes you know him."
We stayed like that for a moment in silence.  Smiling.  Laughing in silence.  It was a perfectly awesome moment.

And then the dam burst and I flooded him with information on my new love.  {gush}

Moments being called out.

Moments sharing a glorious secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment