Friday, August 2, 2013

Moments D466: Girls Night Out

Running on a mere 3.5 hours of sleep and emotionally drained, I very nearly bailed on my Friday.  Part of me wanted to just pull the covers over my head and stay in bed all day.

I refused to succumb!  I dragged my tired butt out of bed, drank a boatload of coffee, had an incredibly productive and fun day at work (we had a Mexican potluck lunch!) and then I freshened up and went out with some fabulous girls from work.

We went bar hopping on Queen West, from the Caddy (for dinner and an awesome bourbon caesar) to the Savoy for a couple of drinks, to the Church for a couple more drinks.  From there we walked up Ossignton and had a few laughs along the way.   From one wine bar with a bar full of gents shooing us away because they were closed for a private party (though the door was open!) to going into and then quickly out of another bar that had a strange hip hop vibe.  We finally settled at the Dakota Tavern where Melissa Payne was playing.



Though I was tired and a little less lively than normal, it was an incredibly fun night out. Sometimes blowing off some steam is exactly what is needed.

Moments pushing through exhaustion.

Moments celebrating new friendships and girl power.

No comments:

Post a Comment