Thursday, August 22, 2013

Moments D486: Heini's Birthday

It's official.  We have a new tradition for Heini's birthday!

Today, obviously, is Heini's birthday.  Tonight, as we have in many years past, Heini, her OBFF and I went out for dinner.  This year, not only did we repeat the restaurant, we sat at the exact same table.  I do believe this is a new tradition in the making!  Libretto has (arguably) the best pizza in the city.  (I personally feel that Queen Margherita Pizza holds that title, but who's to argue with the birthday girl?  After all, she is a connoisseur of Margherita pizzas!)

Two moments of our evening filled with incredible food, a swap of life changing stories and the celebration of Heini come to mind and it's these that I will share with you as today's moment.

The first, we always get Heini a little something for her special day even though she always insists on no presents.  Personally, I can't help myself.  She collects pig "stuff"  and all year round I see cute pig related items and I inevitably pick something up for her.  It's always silly, but it also, always brings a smile.  (Isn't that the point of celebrating a friend's birthday?  Smiles & love?)  Tonight as I handed her the gift bag, she felt it.  Then she saw it.  Squeals of delight ensued as she pulled the fluffy pink fur from the bag.  "Piggy" (yet to be named) was the star of our evening, second only to, of course, the birthday girl!  "Piggy" sat at the table with us for the entire time!

And then OBFF handed Heini a bag 'o cupcakes.  More squeals and a decision made that we would skip dessert at the restaurant in lieu of enjoying the cupcakes.  Fast forward post meal.  We were outside, thinking of a nearby park to visit to sit and enjoy the cupcakes.  Instead we decide to use the hood of my car as a table!

What silly moment that was.  We had passerbys look at us like we were crazy!  Our reaction?  We giggled.  We weren't sure if it was the sight of watching three "mature" women eating cupcakes from the hood of a car, or that "Piggy" was sitting beside the cupcakes.  No matter why, we loved that it made people stop and look and laugh.  We were happy to share the moment and a smile.

"Piggy" was also the star of this moment.  Check it out!

Moments being completely silly!

Moments sharing in the radiant energy of birthday love.

No comments:

Post a Comment