Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Moments D485: Beyond the Boundaries

Before I share my day's moment, I want to share an interesting coincidence (?) with you.  I find it interesting that today's blog is entry 555.  Interesting because it is a repeated number and because fives are all about being energetic, daring, social, and courageous.  That's pretty fitting because today's moment is finding courage - I stepped pretty far outside my boundaries today.

Digging a little deeper, when you adding the all the numbers together, it becomes a 6, a harmonious, loving, caring number.  Also pretty fitting given that the boundary pushed was for celebrating a birthday of a loved one.  A birthday age that, oddly, also adds up to a 6!  (The things we do to push beyond for those we love!!)

Now, this doesn't mean I believe in the numerological significance of 555, but it's hard to miss the connected dots!

So back to my moment.  Today's moment is one sharing a project that I've been working on for over a month.  It was a birthday present like none other that I've ever considered creating before.  Let me explain.

I love to sing.  That being said, I do not love to share my singing with the world.  Why?  Well, it's not my forte, and it makes me DAMN uncomfortable.  Ya ya, for those who know me, you know I've done some Karaoke with friends, in a room and I've played Rock Band in my home.   What you might not know is that, once upon a time, I have also stood in front of a small audience at my high school graduation and in front of some drunk university students at battle of the bands competition and sang a tune (or three) to them.  Very nerve wracking and uncomfortable.

And yet, for this project, for this unique birthday present, I decided to sing a couple of songs and record them.  The catch?  The receiver has worked in the music industry.  Done very well in the music industry. What the hell was I thinking?  Talk about amping up the worry-factor!  That being said, I knew, no matter what the quality (goodly or badly), the gift would be well received.  Even now, as I share this moment, I am surprised that I found the courage to go through with it, but I knew, deep down I knew just how meaningful this present would be.  That being said, being who I am, I still wanted perfection.

Laughable!  Not with the "equipment" I have, nor with and my "ability".  It simply wasn't going to happen. I did, however, pour a lot of love and energy into the two songs I sang, recorded and edited together. (Do I call these covers?  I suppose so, though it wasn't really like that, more like a karaoke rendition recorded.)  I knew they were heartfelt and meaningful songs.  The end result:  I knew that they were okay (maybe even a touch better than okay) and that the songs themselves would speak louder than any words or other gift that I could offer.

Regardless, when the time came to hit send, I was a nervous wreck!  And the horror of it?  I watched, via Skype as the songs were first played for the birthday boy.  (I was not expecting this, nor was I prepared for this!)  I must have passed through 10+ shades of red sitting there watching and listening.  And two words gave me confidence to watch and experience along with the birthday boy.  "Don't hide."

What an incredible moment it was to watch his face as he listened to the songs.  The emotions that crossed his beautiful face.  The sharing of "goosebumps and tears".  Success!  He felt the love and I pushed through my fear.  Brilliant!  A perfectly brilliant, high vibration moment.

Moments finding courage and pushing through.

Moments sharing love.





No comments:

Post a Comment