Sunday, August 18, 2013

Moments D482: Slow and steady

I had a lot of plans for today.  A project, a workout, another project, groceries, cleaning up, etc.    I woke up later than normal, which was a lovely treat.  Where I would normally jump out of bed and dive into my list of "to do's", I, instead, stayed in bed and sat reading for a good hour or so.

Fortunately it was still pretty early by the time I did jump out of bed.  First thing I did was check off my workout.  (What a workout it was too - nearly 2 hours later!)  After puttering and tidying up around my apartment, it was time to get myself some lunch, which meant getting groceries.

I shopped slowly today.  I was in no rush.  I had no list.  I walked up and down all the isles.  (This is something I love to do when I have time!)  Once home I made myself lunch and instead of eating it while working on one of my projects at the dining room table, I decided to sit my lazy-feeling-butt down on the couch and watch an episode of Sons of Anarchy.  What a treat.  Sunday afternoon, watching TV.

I then decided to make my way outside to enjoy the last hours of the beautiful summer sunshine.  I worked on a couple of things from my to do list: had a chat with my boyfriend, browsed all BFF's skydiving pictures, I made myself a big tasty Indian dinner with plenty of leftovers for lunch tomorrow, and sent out my own fundraising request to my peeps for my coming Tough Mudder event.    (Total sidebar, BUT, by the end of the day, I've already seen some funds come in for the Wounded Warriors Project!  I hope I can keep the funds coming in as it's an amazing cause to support.  One of the reasons I signed up for this crazy event in the first place!)

Slowly and steadily I checked things off my list.  And the upside:  I wasn't stressed about the pieces that I didn't get done today. (I do have a couple of things that I will need to work on tomorrow night after work but I look forward to it!) It ended up being a lazier productive day.  Not bad.

All in all a lovely day, but the moment, was the fact that it was all slow and steady and not a frantic (and typical) pace.  A perfect Sunday.  Well, a mostly perfect Sunday, there was only one thing missing, but that will come with time.

Moments being productive at a slower pace.

Moments enjoying the slower pace (and not just being frustrated by it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment