Sunday, August 25, 2013

Moments D489: Water Fight

Today my brother and his family came over for a visit as they were unable to attend the BBQ yesterday.  I was grateful that they made the time to come out because otherwise EQ wouldn't have had a chance to meet my brother, my sister-in-law and my two very beautiful nephews.  What a treat he was in for!

After watching the video of my youngest nephew's Karate testing for his purple belt, we sat and watched a few more videos of the boys.  From karaoke to sledding in the winter!  What fun!  The laptop on my lap, both nephews beside me on one side and EQ on the other.  What an incredible moment with lots of giggles and full on laughs.  But it quickly got much, MUCH better and that trumped this mini moment of the day.

The best moment of the day was when my oldest nephew handed over the laptop to my brother and then looked at me, with a glint in his eye, and said, "I'm going to get my water gun and I'm going to squirt you until you are very wet."   WATER FIGHT!!

Well, well, well.  Really?

And so, I took off my sunglasses, set aside my pretty straw hat and tied back my hair.  I then made my way into the backyard as I watched both my nephews fill their water guns.  Before I knew it the three of us were running around the yard hooting and hollering.  Then my Mom handed me a water bottle.  It didn't have quite the range of the water guns, but it certainly helped my stand against the two boys!  

And then, something magical happened.  EQ joined in on the water fight.  The boys chasing him, all of them ganging up on me, and then my nephews and I ganging up on EQ.  So much fun! And boy, oh boy what a water fight it was!  I wonder what the neighbours thought at all the hoopla!  By the end of it all, each of us was completely soaked.  So much so that all our clothes (undies included) needed to be put into the dryer before we could sit and eat dinner.  Such silly fun.  What a way to warm one's soul!

It was a perfect way to spend some quality time with my nephews and for them to really engage with my boyfriend.  In the end, I think he passed in their young eyes too as they both gave him a hug when they left later that evening.

Moments enjoying playtime with one's nephews.

Moments being surprised and falling a little more in love with your boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment