Friday, August 16, 2013

Moments D480: Switch it Up

Today was one of those days where things didn't turn out as they were planned.  But as the plans shifted, so did I.  Over the past year I've become a little better at going with the flow and shifting plans as needed.  Today, as I drove to Newmarket instead of driving home and working on a birthday project, I reflected upon this shift.

Why is it that it was so easy for me today?

In the past, I tended to really own my plans and I would feel like I have failed when things fall through.  The shift comes because I have started to change as a person in that I realize one really can't control everything.  And that's okay.  I realize that it's okay to let life happen to you (sometimes).  The driven side of me fears becoming like the zombie people I know always letting life happen to them.  I'm more aware now, that it doesn't have to be all or nothing, that sometimes, it's easier and makes more sense to just let things organically happen.

That means that I'm really okay with switching it up now more than ever.  (I'm not just pretending to be okay about it!)  Today's switch up didn't even phase me.  There was no negative energy, there was no panic, nor any regret.  Today the switch up was easy!  I even smiled at the opportunity to do something else just as important to me.

Bangarang.

It just goes to show that with a little awareness and patience old dogs really can learn new tricks.

Moments realizing you've grown as a person.

Moments going with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment