The first, I had a male esthetician, Tommy who is incredible at hand painting interesting designs on fingernails and toenails. I was happy to see him available for me. (even though he always complains at how dry my skin is.) The first thing he said to me as I walked to the wall of nail polish colours was, "You look beautiful today Jennifer." (Points scored there for sure! (a) He remembered my name, and (b) he was flattering in a none-creepy-kinda-way.)
My time with Tommy was interesting tonight as the energy was high (in part to the excitement that EQ & I brought to the salon) and in part to a heated discussion happening between Tommy and Jenny, one of the other estheticians as they discussed when was best to start a family.
Tonight I learned that Tommy has been working in a salon since he was 12. He's now 35 and helping to support his Mom here in the city having just moved from Woodbridge. He loves riddles and he shared a few with me as "I'm a smart girl...." Here's a quick one:
It's a race between a red lobster and a blue lobster. Which one wins?I also learned that Tommy likes to hang out at the lake and to party in his spare time, but he needs to eventually settle down as he wants to have a family. Thus the discussion on when to start a family. Eventually Jenny & Tommy turned to me as mediator! I laughed I told them I'm the wrong person to be asking as I wouldn't be having kids. This shocked them both and the questions rolled out. It was quite amusing all around.
In the end Tommy did an amazing job and his design on my big toe was so intricate and pretty. I can't wait to show them off! (take a peek!)
The second moment within this time frame was the fact that I was actually Skyping with EQ when I arrived and I put him to work! I showed him the wall of nail polish colours and had him help me choose the colour for my toes. Why not right? It was fun, it was silly and I think the entire salon of people enjoyed the banter that they watched us interact! Then as I sat and soaked my feet and Tommy worked away the weeks of grime, I had a good chat with EQ. What a treat all around with lots of laughter.
Thank you Tommy and thank you EQ for bringing a smile (or three!0, some sparkles and a lot of laughs this evening.
Moments being pampered.
Moments laughing and sharing.

No comments:
Post a Comment