Isn't it great when you open your mailbox and instead of just bills or admail, there is a surprise piece of mail inside? No no, not that thingamabob that you bought on eBay, you were expecting that. No, I mean something that you had no idea was on its way to you.
I love that moment holding it in your hands. Turning it over and reading the return address. Admiring the penmanship. That moment of wonder before opening the envelope. Is it an invitation? Are there photos? Do the words share a smile or a tear? The anticipation.
This is why I love to send random cards to my friends. I love receiving them.
I couldn't let today pass without sharing this second awesome moment.....because tonight when I arrived home, I had a surprise waiting for me! In fact, not only did I have one surprise, but TWO surprise pieces of mail!
One was from an Italian sailor, his spice wafting from the envelope. The script flows smoothly and there are four stamps upon it, two of which were Chippendale chairs. I smiled as I carefully opened up the envelope. Inside there was a beautiful card filled with loving words, and a sticker - FLY. Yes, I am flying.
The second was from my love. It's script is more firm and structured. My guess is that a lovely lady wrote out my address and mailed it. But inside is the familiar script with many colourful words fanning the fires. Truly. Madly. Deeply.
Moments for surprises.
Moments for smiles.
No comments:
Post a Comment