Today's moment comes from late this afternoon. It was a moment where I found myself over thinking things and overwhelmed with the changes to come. A swirl of emotions. A never ending checklist in my mind which was present all day and it became oppressive. My breathing was shallow and my mind simmering with all that needs to get done. It wasn't quite a panic attack, but it wasn't far off.
And just as those feelings rose to the surface. It was seen. I'm typically quite good at concealing, but in that moment, where I was caught up in the hurricane of emotions and thoughts, EQ caught my eye, asked me how I was, quickly enveloped me into his arms, placed his hand upon my heart and looked deep into my eyes. And then we breathed. With a few deep breaths and fewer words, my anxiety dulled down to a more manageable buzz instead of the whirl it had been.
Moments feeling on the edge and antsy.
Moments realizing your partner sees you and can calm you just by acknowledging the feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment