Today I picked up my love from the airport. He's staying with me for awhile and I'm over the moon about that. My moment is a special one today.
I was running late. His plane arrived early. Of course, right?
And, my car tire was leaking air.
Mercury retrograde? Bah. Nothing was going to stop me from getting there on time.
And I made it to the airport entrance, just as EQ was exiting the building. Now the trick was to find him in the crowd.
And how easy that was.
As I slowed in the arrivals traffic, our eyes met. That second my heart stopped for the briefest of moments. And then it was aflutter. That was my moment of the day. The moment I had been waiting for, though I had not expected it to reveal itself as it did.
It wasn't his bright orange & grey jacket that caught my eye, no, it was the huge smile upon his face. And even as I pulled over, he didn't move. He simply stood there, eyes upon my car, beaming. I pulled over and parked. He was frozen there, as I found him, smiling.
As I opened my door, the traffic coordinator asked me if I saw the passenger I was picking up. "Oh ya," I said as I bounced over to the sidewalk. As I rounded the back of my car, EQ finally broke his pose and grabbed his suitcase to pull it over to me. Never once did our eyes leave the other's. Eyes locked the entire time.
What a sweet embrace that moment was.
Moments living in anticipation and dealing with obstacles.
Moments breathing into the release.
No comments:
Post a Comment