It was a perfect autumn day; a bright sunny day that warded off the hint-of-winter chill in the breeze. That being said, I was happy to have had the wherewithal this morning to have dug out my hat for the day's outdoor adventures! It was quite beautiful to be walking through the coloured paths. Here's one of them:
The backdrop of colour was incredible and seemed surreal when we watched the tiger or the zebras or the giraffe or rhinoceros. After all, one of these things didn't belong!
As we walked, Bunny, Bear & I chatted away catching up on the past two months. It was a day of fluid conversation and giggles as we were always keeping an eye open for the different animals. The boys were extremely well behaved and such a delight to share the day with. And, I must share: the youngest missed out on his afternoon nap and though he was obviously tired, he was still so very easy to enjoy. Even when he decided to take a break:
All we could do is chuckle and pick him up.
An autumn day at the zoo was delightful. I loved that it wasn't so busy and it being cool meant that going into the exotic warm buildings meant warming up a touch instead of going from hot to hotter as in the summer!
Random share: one of my favourite pictures:
And,more randomly, my cousin's wife was working today. We saw her explaining the biology of a giraffe. How curiously fun!
Bottom line, I love autumn and today only reinforced that. Layered up, I loved the crispness on my cheeks and how my scarf flittered in the chilled breeze.
Moments enjoying a family day outing.
Moments soaking in the sights of autumn's colour as the backdrop to exotic animals.


No comments:
Post a Comment