Friday, October 18, 2013

Moments D543: Tears

I've shed quite a few tears in the last week.  Quite a few (too many actually) have been tears of loss and disbelief.  Others (thankfully) have been tears of joy.  Today, I celebrated the latter.

Today, there were tears of joy.  They were not my own.

A long overdue lunch date found a swirl of emotional stories being shared.  At a couple of key moments in our lunch, I found myself celebrating more tears of joy.   Incredible!

As I shared my news, I watched as eyes began to glisten.  I dug in a little deeper, and answered questions along the way.  As I continued to share my love story the tears threatened to spill.  And, with a big goofy grin on my face, I pressed on with my story, watching as the tears silently began to overflow their wells.

And in that moment we both celebrate the tears of joy.  With smiles and laughter we paused to hug in the middle of the busy restaurant; and then we dipped back into the rest of our lunch.

Sometimes tears can be a release of frustration.
Sometimes they can be a venting of sorrow.
Sometimes they come from fear.
Sometimes they are built from anger.

But when they appear because of love and joy, it is a most beautiful thing to watch.

Today, I celebrate the tears of joy.

Moments enjoying the depth of meaning behind a tear.

Moments understanding, more deeply, the profoundity of tears of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment