Friday, October 4, 2013

Moments D529: Trails of Leaves

Today's moment is a simple one as I silently celebrated one of my favourite times of year this morning. Autumn.

The trees outside the office have all turned a bright orange and their leaves like feathers in the morning breeze.  I enjoyed their display as I walked from the parking lot to the office.

As I entered the building, I smiled at the trail of bright orange feathers littered in the doorway.  It was like party confetti strewn all about on the black mat trailing into the building.



Sometimes I wonder how people live without the seasons.  For me, it's always a wonder to watch the world around me shift and change.  In the spring, watching the snow melt and the ground come alive again.  The colour! Basking in heat of the summer sun and feeling its life giving energy.  The vibrancy of life!  Watching the trees shed their coloured leaves and prepare for the winter ahead.  The calm! And winter, the quiet stillness in the cold crispness snow. The reprieve!

And knowing that the cycle will start all over again come spring.

It's a good reminder of life in general.  It shifts on you.  It changes on you.  Just when you settle into a groove, something or someone comes along and shakes it up.  Moments in life come and go as the seasons do, with different levels of engagement and energies swirling about them.

Today's moment, was a calm, simple one.

Moments enjoying the brilliant fall leaves.

Moments reflecting upon the seasons of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment