Today was my birthday. It was also exam day. Talk about a day of opposites!
Fortunately I was proactive about this day. I booked the day off so I could study and focus on my exam. Good thing. I really, REALLY, needed the time. I dug in hard to the studying and the fruits of my labour will hopefully prove worth the work. (I should know next week….) But I won’t lie, it was very very stressful.
And throughout this particularly stressful day, I was peppered with love and showered with birthday wishes. It was the strangest day I’ve had in a long, long time.
And at the end of my long, long day, not only did I feel like I had accomplished something with all my hard work for my exam, but I also felt very loved. That’s the best of both worlds if you ask me. Kinda perfect for a birthday.
I am a lucky girl. I am surrounded by beautiful loving souls. My favourite message: the voicemail left by my nephews….singing me happy birthday. I’ve listened to it twice today. I’ve saved it. I will listen to it again tomorrow, for it warms my heart. (Then again, I’ve also watched this smile sent today a couple of times too!)
Like I said: A lucky girl.
Moments working through what needs to get done.
Moments stopping to enjoyed showered love.
No comments:
Post a Comment