Today my "niece" turned 18. I remember holding her when she was just a day old. She has matured into a beautiful, emotionally strong, intelligent, kind and generous young lady. Ah, the passing of time. Where does it go?
Today's moment is celebrating her.
When I wrote her birthday card (and for those that know me, know that I love to write a lot of words in my cards) I was a little verklempt. My heart sang with pride and joy for having such a beautiful soul in my world. She has inspired me over the years for many things and she has given me much love.
So today, amoungst the chaos of (YES I GOT THEM!) trying to get P!nk tickets for her return concert in November for a group of us, dealing with a lot of homework and some emotional stressors, I pause to truly celebrate and reflect upon my niece.
I can only hope that she always remain true to herself and her dreams. That isn't the easiest path to follow, but it is the most rewarding. All I could do was to let her know that I'll always be here for her, no matter what path she chooses. And, of course, I reminded her about just how darn special she is to me and how she has given me so much already in her mere 18 years of gracing this world.
I can't wait to see what she tackles in her life. This one - she's a spitfire!
Moments loving your family.
Moments realizing you are very lucky to have them as family.
No comments:
Post a Comment