Today I wasn’t feeling so hot and it was a (typical) packed day for me. On my agenda: groceries, workout, make chili, do laundry, study for my test, work a bit on my coming assignment, have dinner with a friend and then head to a house party. On a good day, I could get it all done. Today, not so much.
So I had a choice - what do I cut out? What do I “slack” on. Today, I chose to slack on the school side of things. This is not typical. Typically, I’d chose to slack off on all the other things and focus on my schooling. Today, I chose a different path. I’m not sure why I did, and I’m sure tomorrow I’ll feel very guilty for it, but for today, I’m going to bask in the light of a new path.
Why? Well one time too many I’ve given up things that I want to do in place of getting an A+ on a test. Now, I know logically I don’t NEED an A+. I’m not working hard for a scholarship or to get myself recruited out of school. But, it is my nature to push hard. I want to be the best of the best. This is something that I fight against when days like today happen.
So, I did my groceries. I made my (damn tasty!) chili. I started my laundry, started my studying and had dinner with a friend before the house party. Still a busy and productive day, but not all about school.
That will be tomorrow.
Moments to reclaim for oneself.
No comments:
Post a Comment