Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Moments D323: Sipping Tequila

Tonight was the official beginning of birthday celebrations! (After all, I have a whole weekend of celebrations planned, so this is just the beginning!)

Tonight’s dinner started out as just my work-girlfriend and I. But then, it was my bestie’s birthday on Monday so I invited him and his partner along. And then, when my oldest-dearest friend found out we invited her and a friend along too. From just the two of us to a party of six in a matter of days.

And while the dinner outing was amazing (food, company, laughter) it was the quiet moment leading up to the “party” that I stop to reflect upon.

It’s like that magical moment just before a storm breaks out. The birds quiet, the wind dies down. The calm. That’s what this moment was like with my work-girlfriend and I at the bar.

It was quiet. The bartender tended to us without urgency, but with purpose. He helped us choose just the right back-bar tequila for us to sip upon during those quiet moments. And once we had our extra aƱejo tequila in hand, we sat back, quietly caught up, and luxuriously, deliberately sipped our smooth tequila. The calm sipping our tequila was about 20 minutes or so, but it was a perfect moment to share with my new, closer friend before the storm hit.

And then, together, we celebrated the storm!

Moments of luxuriating in the calm.

Moments anticipating and diving into the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment