Saturday, March 16, 2013

Moments D326: St. Paddy's Day Breakfast (a day early)

This morning I was responsible for one thing. Coffee. I had five beautiful friends eagerly awaiting the smell of coffee brewing.

Now, I didn’t forget the coffee. I actually brought it. What I didn’t think about was the fact that I brought beans. Full coffee beans. A delightful coffee bean. Guess how hard it is to make coffee from beans without a coffee beangrinder.

Whoops!

And even though there was a lack of aroma to wake to, my best friends were still all smiles. I think I was more annoyed with myself than they were!

So, instead of a slow-to-rise morning, we jumped up and got out to head into town for coffee and breakfast.

We ended up at Sunset Grill at Blue Mountain. Honestly, it wasn’t our first choice. In the end however we were VERY happy that we ended up in the care of Vicki.

Vicki was our server. She was amazing. All decked out in St. Paddy’s day attire, complete with flashing green clover earrings. Bright, quick and ready to tease along with us, we immediately fell in love with her. And this crowd, well, we’re not shy to share the love. Within minutes of being seated we had coffee (after a laugh at my faux pas) and a jug of water (yes we were very dehydrated!). Vicki took the best care of us.

And as we waited for our ordered meals, we suddenly had two plates of three pancakes each (there were six of us) with a blue candle for the birthday boy and a pink candle for the birthday girl and we were being serenaded; serenaded by a team of staff all decked out in green. It was surreal. It was a surprise and we all fell a little more in love with Vicki because was really paying attention to us.

Surprise birthday celebrations over breakfast! Beautiful.

It was just another beautiful moment to stack onto an already beautiful weekend.

Moments enjoying the generosity of complete strangers. And yes. Next time, Sunset Grill at Blue Mountain will be our first choice. Win.

Moments of surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment