After a visit to my ND (who, incidentally I adore and respect all at the same time), it’s become ever more apparent that I need to instil more mindful moments into my days.
I find this a touch amusing that my prescription from this last appointment was to be mindful. After all, this is very much what my daily blog is about - being mindful and appreciating moments. Apparently, it isn’t enough. On some level, I know this to be true. On some level, I know I need more. There are days where the race feels to be consuming me. The race against time, the race against the “to do” list, the race to keep up with friends and family. It very quickly reminded of the “Jar of Life” story I heard many moons ago.
And so, I was reminded to take care of my health first. Set my priorities and work towards them in a mindful manner. Yes. An even more mindful manner.
From today forward, I vow to take at least a 20 minute lunch break - to walk mindfully and focus on what’s around me in the moment. No deadlines, no drop-ins, no phone calls, no answers to offer. Twenty minutes in the middle of a hectic stressful day to carve out as my own.
It’s been coming down the pipe for awhile in that I’ve known for awhile that I couldn’t keep running at this pace without consequences. Actually, come to think of it, I’ve had a few consequences. But now that they become ever more serious, it’s time to give my heart, my adrenal system and my mind a break. Pause. Breathe. Repeat.
I can do this.
Moments of realization.
Moments walking past the “to do” list.
No comments:
Post a Comment