Friday, March 29, 2013

Moments D339: Playfulness

Today was a beautiful spring day. That in itself was a glorious moment. That time of year where it’s warm enough to be in sandals for the first time. That moment where you can shed the parka and put on the spring jacket and still be too warm. That first day where you can smell the change in the season and the soft breeze has lost its chill.

Today’s really special moment happened when I was on my way out of the city to visit family. It was later in the day, the air warmed from the sun. I had my sunroof open and my windows down. I was cruising, taking my time and enjoying watching the people on the street as I left my neighbourhood. And this is when I saw my special moment today. It was an older couple walking hand in hand on the side walk. They were deep in conversation and suddenly the woman dropped her hand from his and slapped his butt. He playfully caught her second assault and they giggled with one another.

It happened in a very quick moment as I approached and then passed by them. But it was a moment that made me smile, for I really do love to see two people playing with one another. We often get pulled so deep into the seriousness of life that we forget to be playful. It was a good reminder.

Moment enjoying others enjoy each other.

Moments of playfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment