It always amazes me how quickly change can fall upon us. One moment you are walking in one direction and the winds of change push you in a completely different direction.
A good sleep brought on by exhaustion the night before, disrupted by an incoming text anxious for response.
A cloudy day transforms into one filled with sunshine.
A calm day turns into one filled with action.
It all happened so quickly. And before I knew it, the day was over and I found myself reflecting upon change. And honestly, I was glad the day was over so I could go home and enjoy the quiet stability of home alone.
It’s not that I mind change, I really don’t, but sometimes it feels more productive when your plans follow through as expected. And sometimes, when big changes happen unexpectedly, it can be overwhelming.
But I can deal with overwhelming because, as Viktor E. Frankl says: “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”
So today’s challenges and shifting winds forced me to grow. Forced me to see the situation and people in a new light. Today I fully embraced change.
No comments:
Post a Comment