Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Moments D316: Surrealness

Tonight I had a last minute change in plans. A Leaf’s game. My BFF is the biggest fan I know. We were excited just to be going to an unexpected game.

A day earlier, we had other exciting news, which may not be public knowledge just yet, but it was worthy of a celebration. And then a hockey game falls into our lap.

My BFF and I go to one of our favourite pubs in the city. Now, Prohibition is no typical pub. It specializes in a gastronomic menu. It’s brilliant and a perfect way to start our celebratory evening out. Great start, right? A couple of glasses of wine a tasty Buckingham Blanket and off we go to the ACC.

AND WE FIND OUT WE ARE IN THE FOURTH ROW from the ICE!! It was surreal. Seeing the Leafs and the Senators playing that close. They seemed stronger and faster somehow!

AND it was an amazing game. Seconds into the game gloves are dropped and a fight breaks out. My BFF is giddy beside me. Between periods we chatted with the usher and the gents beside us. I post a couple of pictures to Facebook only to find out that an old friend from high school, that I haven’t seen in MANY moons (I dare not count them out!) is sitting behind me in one of the boxes above. We chatted a bit and caught up via text. What are the chances? Surreal.

And then, the end of the game arrives (WE WON!!) and the usher motions for us to wait. There is one more surprise left on this surreal day…..the usher has collected a practice puck for my dear BFF. If she was giddy before, she was now over the moon. (Seriously, she showed it to everyone on our walk back to the parked car!)

It was an awesome evening, celebrating a beautiful soul’s new chapter in her life. Now, not only does she have the memories (and pictures) of the fourth row seats, she has a puck.





Yes - very surreal.

Moments with your BFF and watching her act like a five year-old in a candy store.

DELIGHTFUL for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment