Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Moments D336: Flip flops and a Toque

Today felt like the first day of spring. The sun was bright and warm in the sky. In the sun, without a breeze was pure heaven. We managed to see 8 degrees today with a breeze that was filled with the chill of winter. A couple of days like this and the crocus will be out in no time!

Today’s moment wasn’t when I opened up my sunroof on the way home from work tonight….no, no, that was darn close though. In fact, truth be told, it was going to be my moment today. That was an amazing moment, cruising home with good tunes and my sunroof open.

BUT, on the way home, that moment was trumped. On the way home, I saw a couple walking hand. Both were bundled up from head….to ankle. Toques, winter jackets, gloves……and flip flops.

I giggled to myself. My girlfriend and I did that two weekends ago in Collingwood. (Mind you we were sitting in hot baths and saunas and steam rooms all day!) My point?

You can’t miss a Canadian enjoying the first warm(er) day of spring. Flip flops and a toque. Yes. I think that’s the Canadian uniform for spring.

Moments giggling to oneself.

Moments knowing you fit a stereotype.

No comments:

Post a Comment