Sunday, March 17, 2013

Moments D327: Ahhhhhhh

Today was spa day at the Scandinave Spa. I’ve been planning on this day since mid-January. I was inspired to have my best friend join me in this luxurious day of relaxation last September when I was up here on my own. And even though we were down two players for this part of the weekend (and therefore not quite perfect as planned), it was an amazing way to end an amazing weekend.

A massage. Hot baths, plunge pools, sauna, steam room with eucalyptus and relaxation rooms with a gorgeous view. Heaven after running hard and fast for a couple of months. Heaven after working hard and writing an exam. Heaven spending quiet time with your best friends. No words necessary.

Beautiful.

I’m now ready for the next two months of running hard. Maybe I need to make this a quarterly treat. Hmmmmm. Me and my mushy brain can’t seem to find a reason to say no to that.

The weekend came to a quick close, but we all felt like we were away for longer than just two days. That’s the joy about going away from everything. It’s not your house. It’s not mine. There are no other distractions. Just the day at hand. The evening. Being present and enjoying the moments.

There were many, MANY moments. Shared secrets, shared fears, shared sickness, much shared laughter and many, many hugs.

I love my friends. I had the perfect birthday weekend. (Well, minus the fact thatI forgot the coffee!) Seriously - it was a perfect weekend. I look forward to the next time we can enjoy time together.

Moments of utter relaxation and feeling revitalized.

Moments of peace within.

#moments #friends #spa #quiet #birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment