Today was slow start for me. I had the entire day booked off as a vacation day, but I decided to only take the morning to myself before going into the office this afternoon to, at the very lease, clean up my emails. I did, however, luxuriate in my lazy morning where I had plenty of time to relive and share a couple of moments. Contrary to one another, one from my incredible weekend just passed and the other was from my recent past. I found myself reflecting over all that has happened in the past year, where I've been, where I am, and of course, where I'm going. This past weekend was life altering; this morning I relived the moments that changed my path.
After waking lazily (no alarm!) I decided to upload some of my sky diving photos online to share with the world; it was a joy to relive this moment of excitement and joy and honest to goodness euphoria. Euphoria was quickly dulled as I found myself wrestling with something that has been haunting me for far too long. Reliving the haunting of my recent past was not a pleasant moment; it became thief to my excited energy brought to me by my newest adventure. This haunting was no longer something that could be avoided given my new perspective, given my need for a clear path into my future. And as I relived the moment with my nearest and dearest I felt a sense of relief wash over me as the solution (not a new solution, but one now unavoidable) presented itself once again.
With a feeling of wonder for the shifts in energies this morning, I followed the path of relief. After, as I readied myself for my afternoon of work, I found myself reflecting upon this shift of emotion and the eerie familiarity of it all. (the high, the low, the high, the low.....) It was definitely time to clear my path.
Given this swing of emotion, I found myself feeling dulled. And then I arrived at work and shared my life-changing weekend adventure with the team. Before I knew it, my energy had shifted once again back to the this vivacious place I like to live. Excited stories of my weekend came hurriedly. The photo sharing, the laughter; before I knew it, my energy was high and bright again.
And then it hit me. Sharing milestones with people can be inspiring to others. The energy in the office was high an the excitement from my posting of photos online was something I've never experienced before. My bucket list check-mark had become an inspiration to others. I was awed how sharing can create such energy and inspiration amoung my family and friends.
Today's moment reliving past moments found me a reflective student. I'm ready for my future, more than I've ever been. With a new perspective on how to deal with obstacles and opportunities, I am ready.
Moments reliving other moments.
Moments realizing there has been a shift.
No comments:
Post a Comment