Now I suppose that's not really a fair statement given that I haven't been in a lot of cities in the US. I've been to most of the big ones though (LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Palm Springs, Dallas, Fort Worth, NYC, a bunch in New York State, Las Vegas, Phoenix, and I'm sure a few I've forgotten about in OH & PA!) and somehow Chicago stole my heart. As we drove up to the city late last night, I couldn't help but pause our conversation to say "Helloooo Chicago!".
Today's moment was sitting back and really enjoying Navy Pier. Normally I'd have a plan of at least three major things to cram into the day, but this time around I decided to let go and see where the flow took me. My typical life/personality doesn't really allow for this type of travelling, for I love to explore all the nooks and crannies of a new local. The last time I was here though, I saw a lot of the touristy places (and a few not) - it was a crammed trip. This time around, I was more than content to soak in the navy pier atmosphere.
It was a perfect venue for a stroll (even if I did keep losing the hat on my head to the wind!) and to swap stories and try to solve some world problems. Sitting at the end of the pier, wind running through our hair, EQ and I watched as the boats come and went for quite some time. I honestly don't recall for how long as time seemed to still. The conversation was inspiring and uplifting to my soul.
On our walk back we stopped to ride the Ferris wheel. I can't remember the last time I rode on one. The ride was quick, but I managed to get a few nice pictures of the city from the air.
A pretty city indeed. It's too bad that I missed out on their famous deep dish pizza (a foodie could die for that pizza!) or even one of their crazy "Chicago" hotdogs. But I was saving myself for an amazing dinner at Joe's and I was not disappointed!
Chicago stole my heart a couple of years ago and my love has only been inflamed once again for Chicago is even pretty in the rain and prettier yet when trying to solve the world's problems in a day.
Moments to relax and take your time with a day.
Moments knowing that good conversation is a keystone to the best of friends and life in general.
p.s. HAPPY CANADA DAY!

No comments:
Post a Comment