Today was a day that showered me with surprises. Some of my surprises weren't fun (like finding out that every street on my commute to work is now under construction - my commute doubled this morning!), but for the most part, it was a day of fun, unexpected moments. Hawk sent me a heart warming text first thing this morning (that ended up being my alarm), I was able to make an important call this morning that I thought I would have to skip (due to meeting which was pushed back), my BFF dropping by for an unexpected lunch, and an incredibly special and thoughtful video created just for me.
It was a lot to absorb. But I loved every minute of it.
But the best surprise was an email from my Dad. He doesn't often email me directly. He likes to forward silly emails, or emails talking about family, or organizing things, but not very often do I get an email that is specifically for me. Today, the email, while a forward, was specific to me. His words were simple in their message, but even without many words, it spoke volumes. The thought behind it, the depth behind it makes my heart smile. It was, by far, the best surprise of the day.
Moments of surprises.
Moments loving your family that much more.
No comments:
Post a Comment