Thursday, July 18, 2013

Moments D451: Hello Summer!

It's official.  SUMMER IS HERE!  Day three of scorching heat and humidity.  The air conditioners can barely keep up.  I'm not complaining.  SUMMER IS HERE!

I may have mention a moon or two ago, but I really love the seasons.  I love the crispness of autumn and watching the leaves turn.  I love the chill of winter and crunching through a fresh snowfall (never mind the full snowball fights!), I love the clean, reviving smell of spring and watching everything slowly come back to life again and, I love the hot hot heat of summer.  The sticky humidity, the violent thunderstorms, the wall of heat that feels challenging to walk through let alone do anything else in.  The kind of heat that leaves you thirsting for a cold shower.

Today was that day.  At 9 am this morning it was 31 degrees and it felt like 38.  By noon it was 34 degrees and feeling like 43 degrees with the humidity.  IT WAS HOT.  Like walking through soup as one of my co-workers described it.

Today a day of synchronicities, shared stories, surprises, and drinks in a hot bar.  It was the epitome of a perfect summer day!

Moments enjoying the heat.

Moments celebrating summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment