Sunday, July 7, 2013

Moments D440: Pouring Rain and a Nap

Today's moment is a simple one.  A simple day of getting caught up, slowly, methodically.

Laundry, housework, homework.  A productive day.  It helped that it was cloudy most of the day.  But this late afternoon, the skies opened up.  The world outside was awash in deluge.  The sound was incredible upon my window and as I sat there reading one of my articles for class.  So much so, that I closed my eyes, and focused on the drumming against my window.  I could hear the flood of waters in the eaves troughs.  I could feel the air turn from hot and humid to that with a slight chill.  I even took a wee video of the sounds.

As I lay there enjoying the sounds of the downpour, I had myself a wee nap.  Why not?  It's Sunday afternoon, I'm enjoying nature's percussion.  A mini-cat nap later, and dreams of playing in the rainstorm, I was back reading my articles for class.  I felt rejuvenated and ready for the rest of my evening's work.

Moments to take pause and enjoy the sounds of nature.

Moments dreaming of playing in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment