Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Moments D450: Marry Me

Today there was a lot of talk about weddings, for a fellow team member is about to take the plunge with the love of his life this coming Saturday.  He's a flutter with energy.  He's eager to ensure that everything is well laid out for us before he leaves on his vacation.  It's all very adorable to participate in.

Today I learned how he asked his fiance to marry him.  The funniest part, he swore at her while proposing.  She was too impatient to wait for the words and she said yes before he asked.   Frustrated, excited and surely overflowing with adrenaline and love, he said, "F#ck, let me say the words, I need to say the words."  My oh my, how times have changed.  We all laughed and soaked in the story.

And then, I shared with them this video proposal.  I've watched it a few of times now.  Each and every time, I've cried.  This is not just tearing up.  This is full on emotional  release.  It's so touching.  So thoughtful.  And you can see how much the recipient of the proposal is taking it.  It is, simply, beautiful.

And it happened yet again.  My creative director and I were blubbery fools after watching it this beautiful proposal.

My moment today, appreciating the depth of love a complete stranger has for his partner.

It was also the moment I appreciated the love of a fellow team member for his soon-to-be-wife.

p.s.  We also watched this proposal.  Amusing?  You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment