Friday, July 19, 2013

Moments D452: Synchronicity Returns

Last night I headed out for drinks with a sales rep come friend from work.   And, while it was great to catch up and plan, it was the first time I left my car at work instead of driving home.  That meant - no car this morning and using the TTC to get to work for the first time since moving to this apartment.  (Now that I think about it, it's crazy that I haven't taken the transit to work in the 1.5 years I've been living here, but I haven't really had a reason to.)

And so, this morning as I was walking up to the streetcar stop, I realized I was going to miss the streetcar by about 5 minutes.  (It was too hot to run to it and I wasn't in a rush.)  As I stood waiting for the next streetcar (about 24 minutes out according to my app on my phone), I enjoyed a book that was recently gifted to me via Audible.  I've never "read" a book in this manner before and I rather enjoy it and it was a great way to pass the time waiting.

When the street car arrived, I worked out my travel plans in my head, knowing that I'd need to transfer at some point to head South instead of just West.  As we turned our first corner the driver announced that the typical route was detoured and now it was going to pass right by my work.

Huh.

No need to pay attention to where I was on its route anymore.   No need to transfer.

An easy ride into work today after all.  Yes, I think the planets are aligned for me at the moment.

Here's hoping the coming weekend is as filled with puzzle pieces snapping into place!

Unexpected moments.

Moments where things shift, just so, to make your life a touch easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment