Saturday, July 27, 2013

Moments D460: New online adventures

Although today was a study day for my final exam, I still managed to have a little bit of fun today.  In fact, it was quite a bit of fun.  I had some online adventures today that were new and exciting.

As I was studying I listened to music, as I always do. I've been listening to 8trcks.com as they have some great playlists of piano and strings.  Piano covers of Hurt, Adele, Christina Perri.  And in my musical travels I found some amazing acapella singers as well. I really love acapella singers like Pentatonix and so this afternoon I listen to quite a few different ones there's a smattering of musical travels I had this afternoon.

Peter Hollens & his wife Evynne
Tyler Ward
Chester See

And then a couple of fun covers by Linsdey Stirling.  My Immortal & Halo.

What an incredible day for finding music.  What an incredible day for enjoying technology in general.  As I sit and reflect upon the day's M&M trail of new music, I think back to years ago when I'd buy myself a new CD with each pay cheque I received.  I collected many strange and some wonderful music over the years this way, but it's a lot more intensive and hit and miss.  Now, with a click of a webpage, within moments you know if you like an artist or not.  You can listen to that artist's favourite artists and so on.  What a wondrous time to be living in.

Technology for finding music, for staying in touch with friends and loved ones.  It's all very amazing.

Moments trying to focus on the task at hand.

Moments distracted by fantastic music and reaching out to friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment