(read more here and see some photos here and a cool video here)
Not only did I enjoy watching today's storm hit, I had fun splashing in the puddles on my way to the car after work. But the best moment of this storm was when I was all cozy eating dinner and I get a near panicked text from my aunt.
"Hey, what the hell is going on there? You okay?""Um. Ya. I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be?"
And then she filled me in. Oh my. I had no idea. What a crazy deluge! Incredible. Powerful. It will be curious to see what the next couple of days bring to clean it all up. I'm sure many homes were flooded in the lower areas of the city (likely my old home too come to think of it). While I'm grateful to be on the 2nd floor, my heart goes out to those dealing with flooded homes. I've been there, done that. It's not fun.
In all the years I've lived in Southern Ontario, I've never heard of such a storm or such widespread flooding. Mother Earth....are you angry with us?
Moments enjoying a rain storm.
Moments realizing that the storm turned the city inside out.
No comments:
Post a Comment