Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Moments D435: Patience a Virtue

Today was a travel day.  Sure, the morning was calm and relaxed, but we hit the airport mid-afternoon, my flight out wasn't until 9pm and EQ left at 3.  I had a good long time to sit around and wait.  And wait I did as my flight was 30 minute delayed as well.  What a long day.

But as I sat in the airport and watched people come and go, I realized that this too wasn't so bad for me.  Patience is a good thing to dig deep for sometimes and being in a busy airport for four hours without wi-fi was a challenge!  I did some of my school readings, I organized my photos on my laptop and cleaned up old ones from my phone.  At no point in the waiting game did I feel like I was waiting.  I kept myself very busy, and quite productive.  I even met a gentleman who had just finished a Tough Mudder race earlier that weekend.  It made me anxious and excited for my own race this coming September.

I could have been grumpy about my wait times, but what's the point?  Why bring myself down just because of the location I was in.  Had I managed to get home sooner I would have been busy unpacking and doing homework anyway.  In fact, in this case, perhaps it was better that I was in the airport as going through old photos would never have been accomplished at home.  In the airport, it was a priority.  At home; not so much!

Today's moment, being patient without realizing you were being patient.  Six hours flew by.  As did my car ride home getting me in very late (3am).  Funny how perspective on your life and things that matter changes one's ability to dig a little deeper for patience.  Having recently jumped out of a plane, met a handful of interesting, positive and vibrant people, I am further inspired to dig deeper to share my light with those around me.  Six hours?  Who's counting.

Moments finding patience.
Moments realizing it doesn't matter and stuff is getting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment