Saturday, July 20, 2013

Moments D453: Gun Show

Today was our baseball tournament.  While it was fun, we lost and I was injured, twice.  (I now have two ankles that are bruised and swollen.  Ah, well.  It serves me right for not catching the ball in the first place, right?)

The team went for lunch after our first two games at our local watering hole and today's moment was when we all sat down at the outdoor table.  My coach looked at me and said, "Show me the gun show."  I looked at him quizzically and then looked at a couple of my team mates to see what the heck he was talking about.  One of the gents started laughing and explained that earlier in the day he had asked our coach if he was "...ready for the gun show..."  at which point he had showed our coach his "guns" (which is showing off your flexed biceps).

Interestingly, our coach had no idea what that had meant...so this was a fun new experience for him. Coach's reply:  those aren't guns...I'll show you guns!

And circle back to all of us sitting at the lunch table and Coach asking me to show him the gun show.  Apparently Coach felt I had better guns than my team mate's guns.  Well, after that story, how could I not oblige?    And so, I showed off my biceps to the table of baseball team mates. We all had a good chuckle.  (And yes, my guns were more defined than my team mates!)

Moments being put in the spotlight.
Moments laughing with your team.




No comments:

Post a Comment