The moments of support today were many. I’ll try to be concise lest my words run away on me!
Moment one of support out: My dear friend was patient with me and my questions and then proceeded to remind me of things I should already know. Honestly, things I already know but keep pushing aside because of fear or this need to do what’s right. What’s right isn’t always what’s best. She was firm and loving and non-judgmental. I love her dearly for this support.
Moment one of support in: Midday a dear friend was in crisis mode over her job. We spent the time talking through options and trying to find a path that she was most comfortable with given the situation. I think we succeeded. I was happy to be a pillar for her. She’s always been there for me.
Moment two of support out: As I arrived home, I received a text from another girlfriend that I’ve been friends with for over a decade. She had a call from her doctor’s office about strangeness in her recent mammogram. She asked that I send her all my love and light for her appointment tomorrow morning. I happily obliged.
Moment two of support in: Another friend shared supportive words with me in hope they would fill me with hope for brighter days. The words are touching and given my journey this past year, it hits close to the core. But the words are also enlightening, and they do fill me with hope for brighter days and the possibility of really, truly being loved. For this reason, I close my post on support with these words. The quote, for which I can’t find an author:
The greatest irony of life is loving the right person at the wrong time, having the wrong person when the time is right and finding out you love someone after that person walks out from your life.
Sometimes you think you’re already over a person but when you see them smile at you, you’ll suddenly realize that you’re just pretending to be over them just to ease the pain of knowing that they will never be yours again.
For some, they think that letting go is one way of expressing how much you love the person.
Most relationships tend to fail not because the absence of love; love is always present. It’s just that one was being loved too much and the other was being loved too little.
As we all know, the heart is the center of the body, but it beats on the left. Maybe that’s the reason why the heart is not always right. Most often we fall in love with the person we think we love only to discover that for them, we are just for past times, while the one who truly loves us remains either a friend or a stranger.
Here’s a piece of advice: let go when you’re hurting too much, give up when love isn’t enough and move on when things are not like before. There is someone out there who will love you even more, surely then, you will know true love.
Moments appreciating my support system.
Moments knowing I too am a support system.
What goes around…..
No comments:
Post a Comment