Monday, April 15, 2013

Moments D356: Exceptional Customer Service

Yesterday I went to my favourite nail salon in the city. They had a new face amoung them and I had the opportunity to have my nails done by Tommy.

Tommy was very friendly, to the point of entertaining, but unfortunately his services weren’t the best I’ve had there. Part of me didn’t really mind as he was so entertaining. I even let him convince me to put bling on my nails.

Now this really isn’t something that I do. Bling in general. Suddenly I had a whole flower made of bling on my thumb nail. It was gaudy to me.





But, being gracious, I let him finish up his art. I also told him that I was happy with only ONE thumb nail with art, that I didn’t need both of them done. Tommy seemed disappointed and finished up my nails as is. But - they weren’t done very well.

And so, I left the salon disappointed.

This morning, I washed my hair and lost one of my pearls from the flower. {sigh} A day after getting my nails done and they were messy already.

So I made a decision to go back to the salon to have the bling taken off and my nails repainted. It’s not something I’d normally do, but I paid good money yesterday for a service I was disappointed in. It’s not like I wasn’t going to pay for the polish change, I fully intended on doing so.

But when the regular girls saw me return their faces were not only quizzical, they were concerned. One of my favourite girls immediately took me to a table and started to repaint my nails. Fifteen minutes later, with my nails drying, she tells me that I don’t need to pay for the polish change.

That’s great customer service. I’ve been going to this salon for well over a year now (it’s my ME treat). I was impressed by how they stepped up (and I would have been happy with a commiserating smile!)

Before I talked well of the salon and shared my experiences with anyone I could. Now, I’m convinced that I’m one of their biggest fans. I’ll continue to refer my friends to them and of course, I’ll continue visiting on a fairly regular basis.

Moments of disappointment, turning into appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment