Today I had one of my favourite lunches - a chiropractic/acupuncture appointment. Honestly, it’s the best way to spend my lunch hour.
Now this appointment was scheduled for last week, but it was moved due to my chiropractor having a family emergency. Now I love my chiropractor. She’s an amazing person and we’ve had many a causal conversation about life. My first reaction was “oh no! Please give her my warm thoughts for her family struggles”.
So today, when I arrived on time for my appointment only to find out that she’s running late, I didn’t even bat an eyelash. She offered me a tea and I graciously accepted. It was a nice way to spend 10 minutes waiting.
When we finally were able to start my appointment her first question, of course, was to find out how I have been and what my ailments were. I turned that around. I asked her about her, and if she was okay. She revealed that last week her grandfather had suddenly passed away. We talked about it for a stretch of time. I didn’t press, but it seemed like she wanted to share. It felt like we really connected in that moment. It felt good to give her a moment to share. And before we knew it we were back into the swing of the appointment.
It was a brief moment, but one that warms my heart.
Moments to pause regular life to see the bigger picture.
Moments connecting.
No comments:
Post a Comment