Today was a ME day. I’ve been running hard and fast for the last two (plus) weeks. Today is the first day that I can call all my own. I went to bed late with the full expectation of sleeping in and lounging around all day.
BUT - today didn’t end up being that lounging day I envisioned. I’m not sure why, but I think it started with the fact that I wanted to get a manicure. What a better way to start ME day, right? I was up and out to the salon shortly after they opened today. From there, I ran a few errands that I’ve been meaning to do and grabbed a quick lunch out. Now I will have my leather jacket fixed, I have my supplements for the next little while replenished, I returned my empties and I did a little window shopping. Puttering. I didn’t really have a plan, but I puttered. I even hit the Dollar store. I bought the kitten a couple of new toys (laser pointer anyone? Wow. So much fun with the kitten!) and supplies for work. I was in no rush. It was nice not to be in a rush.
Once I returned home, I started to clean up the hurricane that had hit my dining room table and in my office. And the next thing I know, I am chatting with my dearest friend. We chatted while I filed and cleaned up my office. It was perfect. Laid back, slow, and, as always, great to catch up with my girl.
Just as I was ready to play some video games, another friend called. I haven’t talked to her in months. Of course, I took her call. It was really great to hear her voice. Another chunk of time passes. I’m not pressured, I’m not stressed. I’m happy to go with the flow today and just putter.
I didn’t find time for video games, but I did managed to get a lot of things done, slowly, on my quiet, lazy ME day.
After a run for groceries, guacamole making and cracking a beer I was digging into a tasty late dinner. It’s been a good, slow, long day. I look forward to crawling into my bed, but not just yet. One more TV show before I retire. Why not? It’s ME day.
Moments appreciating a slower pace.
Moments puttering instead of racing.
No comments:
Post a Comment