Today was my bestie’s moving party in Haliburton. It was also significant to her in that it was an anniversary and today she was, in a way, reborn. Talk about fortunate timing given the cleansing energy of the full moon that was also present with us. It was easy to fall into that joy of rebirth and renewal. The end of a chapter for her (for many of us in my circles) and to celebrate the beginning of something new. And so the weekend began with this focus and energy surrounding us.
We spent most of the day slowly getting ready for the party. There was no real urgency. The three of us caught up and laughed and commiserated during the day. It was completely laid back. I think, it was all that good bright energy that the three of had absorbed from the full moon the day before, feeding it back and forth between us. I know I felt the renewed and recharged too. And I was very much looking forward to meeting my bestie’s local friends and co-workers.
Many were invited, but we weren’t sure how many would attend. There was that moment right before the start time of the party that my bestie worried about no one showing. HA. Not so. Not only did the invitees come, they brought friends with them. The more the merrier, right? I met many new people this evening. All such fun beautiful souls.
In the end, the party was a huge success with amazing food, an incredible bonfire, lots of drinks and laughter. But today’s moment isn’t about meeting new friends, it was sharing a very special moment watching the moon and listening to the spring peepers from the cottage dock. This was experiencing spring in all her glory. The chorus of frogs, the stars being washed out by the full moon, the fog drifting over the crackling icy lake. (The sound of the ice moving in the water was nearly as incredible as the frogs singing!)
I wish I would have laid on the dock for many hours to just soak it all in, but the cold and the many drinks before hand meant that I had to bail earlier than I had hoped to. It was, none-the-less, an amazing moment and one that I’m happy to have shared.
And - it was almost as amazing as having an ice cold dip in the lake.
Moments to enjoy your friends’ rebirth.
Moments realizing you are having your own rebirth.
No comments:
Post a Comment