Today was a great day. Spring has officially arrived. The morning was crisp and cool, but as the sun crossed the sky, it warmed to 10 degrees out today, bright and sunny. IIt was a breath of fresh energy.
And that seemed to be the way the rest of the day went just this way as well. We had a new team member join us today. She joined us at the height of chaos on our team. We are ramping up to a huge trade show, I’m just about to book a couple spring campaigns, and we’ve lost a member. There is much to do, and fewer and fewer hours left to do it.
She joined our team this morning. We had our weekly production meeting off the top of the day. This lovely girl had the full force of the entire team all at once. Tell me that wasn’t overwhelming! But, I have to say, I’m damn proud of our team. At every turn they were trying to make her comfortable and supportive when she looked overwhelmed. We talked through a lot of projects and timelines. For the first hour of her first day on the job, well, that’s kinda like just diving in!
Fortunately I think this girl is going to really fit in. She is quirky. She is quick and, in the end, I think through all the information we threw at her she enjoyed her first day. Big wins for us all.
Welcome fresh energy. Welcome young dragon - we look forward your forces entwining with ours.
Moments enjoying spring.
Moments taking a breath of fresh air, inside and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment