Friday, April 19, 2013

Moments D360: Messages from the Universe

Today was one of those strange days where everything seemed to hit at the same time. From an early morning personal shake up to an overly intense day in the office. It just seemed that every way I turned there was something else coming at me. And with every passing hour there was something else to juggle.

And yet, I juggled it. Even though it was challenging and somewhat chaotic, it was under control. For part of the day, it felt like I wasn’t really me. It was like watching the mad dash from above. And yes, I even found myself cheering myself on. (It was a lot and it helped with all the energy!)

It was a chaotic-shit-flying-keep-up-with-the-requests kind of day. And yet amoungst all the chaos and switching of gears and digging deep within, was this eerie sense of calm. And as I processed through the different steps (both personal and professionally) pieces of the puzzle just fell into place. When that happens, at least in my world, it’s a sign that I’m doing what I should be doing. I’m not fighting the universal energy, I’m working with it. And working with that universal energy things are smooth and calm when they could otherwise be very overwhelming and perhaps a bit paralyzing.

And so, I took to heart the messages from the universe. I hear you. I understand. I don’t particularly like all of the messages, but I hear you. I am paying attention. My eyes are open.

At the end of this challenging day, I spent it with my dear work friend out to celebrate a belated birthday dinner with her. I ended up driving as I was to lazy to do anything else but drive. Of course, that meant finding parking close toPravda where we were going for dinner. (Which, as a side bar, was a DELIGHTFUL place for dinner and/or drinks!) As we were driving, my girlfriend said she was envisioning a parking spot right out front of the bar for us.

So both our amazement, when we drove up, there is was. A small parking spot right in front of the entrance to Pravda. The question then became - can I get my Tink into that spot? With the doorman at Pravda watching, I handily parallel parked my car in one go. The doorman was impressed. I won’t lie. So was I.

Yes - it was just that kind of day. Where everything lined up and made sense.

Moments appreciating the calm in the chaos.

Moments listening to the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment