Whoa. Another long study day. This reminds me why I hate being the bad, leave it to the end kind of student. (Though I am grateful that I was able to enjoy more time with my family and friends this semester!) These types of days are taxing. Emotionally (am I going to get through it all?), intellectually (can I understand and cram it in?) and physically (sitting this long in one spot for two days in a row?).
Today it’s been a full 13 hour day. I ate breakfast and lunch at my dining room table…which, if you recall from yesterday, is now my oversized desk to study from. Near the end of the day, I think I read the same two pages over three times before the information sank in. I’m slow now and eager to crash into bed. But before I do….I wanted to share today’s moment.
My moment - pausing to listen to the whistling spring winds this afternoon. My windows, which were wide open for a good portion of the morning, needed to be shut to a crack because it became so wildly windy. They were open enough for me to hear the wind play. I could hear the big maple in the front creaking from the forceful wind. I could hear the wind whipping through between the houses as it whistled past my side windows. I paused and imagined myself outside, my hair thrashing around me and in my face. My eyes watering from the cool spring air. I breathed in the breeze as it pushed past the narrow opening of my window. Yes, today the wind caught my attention. It was a lovely distraction. The only one I allowed today.
The whistling winds of a Sunday study day.
Moments away from the desk and breathing in the fresh air.
Moments enjoying the sounds hidden beneath the whistle of a cool spring wind.
No comments:
Post a Comment