Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Moments D343: Good News

First, I know it’s a bit lame for today’s moment to be about “good news”. It feels like I'm cheating the point of my blog with this title. Regardless of that small tarnished thought, I couldn't resist. Let me tell you why.

Today was just one of those days where the stars aligned. It felt like, with every action that happened, that good news was the flavour of the day. Plans clicked into place; people heard my words and actioned them; I heard people’s words and actioned them. My class group and I managed to tred our way through a mass of data and words and all agree upon a final write-up and I managed to find the right words in a couple of precarious points in the day. All of which lead to moments of good news.

That being said - it was actually great news to hear to hear words that validated my direction. It was great news to share positive comments with co-workers that very much made their days and it was great news to know that plans I've been working on at work have all started to fall into place. It is also GREAT news that my school group and I are 99% done our assignment (FINALLY!).  Maybe I've been remiss to call it only good news - it really was a day of GREAT news. The ebb and flow of such positive energy around me was truly delightful.

So today, I pause and celebrate good news. Good news for me, for my co-workers, and for my fellow students.

Now shaking the hot sauce bottle that didn’t have its lid tightened….not such good news. But I laughed instead of cursing. Yes, I think the positive energy surplus paid off in that particular moment of my day!

Moments knowing that good news can come in batches.

Moments appreciate each and every moment of good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment