Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Moments D344: Bonding

Today was a strange day. Productive and quiet at work even though it was the last day for our young bird leaving the team. Full of emotion and chaotic energy later in the day and into the evening. (Funny how the energy can so quickly shift!)

Today’s moment isn’t about our baby bird, no longer green, nor naive to the world of work, being ready to fly. (Though is a special moment to mention as it made for a bitter sweet day. Sweet to see her on such a high. Sweet to know that she will expand her portfolio. Bitter to know her desk will be empty tomorrow.

Instead, I want to focus on the fact that today I was able to have a special, outside-of-work bonding moment with one of the most important member of the team. As we shared a couple of beers, I set up a rule - no shop talk! So there we were just sharing crazy stories and catching up. Even with the rule, we still veered back to work, but every time, we laughed about it! It was a good moment and one I know that was meaningful to us both. I look forward to spending more outside-of-work bonding moments. I think it’s important as it makes our day-to-day job activities that much easier to work through.

Moments connecting with your co-workers

Moments bonding.

No comments:

Post a Comment