Today I set a date with my ex-husband to deliver our divorce paperwork to the courthouse. In just over a week, I'll see him for the first time in over a year and a half. We'll be cordial, possibly even pleasant with one another, after all, I know we've both moved on. That being said, I'm certain that it will still be uncomfortable and somewhat awkward.
But that's okay.
It's taken longer than I expected to see this day come. Complications with rollovers being the major reason, laziness on following up and pushing it forward myself also played a minor roll. (After all, it's easy to simply stick your head in the sand and ignore it!)
For those that really know me, know that I calenderize everything in my life. Hell, there are times that my BFF sends me an email after us booking a concert saying "Where's my appointment girl?". Always amusing, but she's bang on.
For years, I've had my wedding anniversary on my calendar. I've also had the day of our engagement on my calendar. Last week marked what would have been our 10th anniversary. Given that today I set the date to finalize my divorce paperwork (after being separated for nearly 2 years), I felt it fitting to finally pull those dates off the calendar. It's time to let those slip away into the memory murkiness. It's like having an old novel that you know you won't read again. Time to archive it and let the details of the story slip away.
As sad as that may sound, it feels like a cloud lifting away from me. Now, I'm certain that I'll have even more room in my heart, mind and soul for the love I find myself immersed in! Bring on the new novel filled with adventures.
Moments reflecting upon the past.
Moments feeling good about letting it go.
No comments:
Post a Comment