Friday, September 27, 2013

Moments D522: I won't need pants!

Yes.  Those were the words that came out of my mouth.  In the middle of my office, with all ears listening.

What a funny moment that ensued.  There were deep belly laughs and tears all around.

But let me back up and set the scene.

Recall, that my department and I are currently sharing a smaller office space due to a fire earlier this year.  On some levels it's brought us closer as a team even if we have lost some of our privacy and possibly productivity due to distractions.  The point, at 9:15 am, we're all in the office, not quite deep into work and everyone is paying attention to the chatter.

As Mr. B passed through with his tea, he commented on just how beautiful the morning was.  He's right.  It was a beautiful fall morning.  Sunny and about 15 degrees Celsius.   If tomorrow is like this it would be perfect to run the Tough Mudder.

I agreed with him out loud.  And then I added, very enthusiastically, "If tomorrow is going to be like this, I got this!  I won't need pants either!"  The office paused, quieted and then burst into deep belly laughter about the thought of me running my race without any pants on.

A little stunned, I quickly added, "...shorts.  Of course I'll have shorts on instead!"  Of course by then it was too late.  We were all lost to the laughter.

To me it made perfect sense.  We had been talking earlier this week about pants v.s. shorts for the race.  But, that's not what they heard this morning.   Perhaps I needed to finish my coffee before engaging in conversation!

Just a reminder of how much fun my team is.

Moments streaming words without thinking too deeply.

Moments being centre stage as the source of good deep belly laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment